Most Effective Ways of 2021 to Overcome from Alcohol Addiction
What is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction is a disease characterized by excessive alcohol consumption so that the person feels unable to live or feels something is lacking when he does not drink alcohol in increasing levels and amounts every day.
The definition of alcohol abuse is when women drink one drink of alcohol and men two or more drinks per day. It is said that alcohol addiction is when a person continues to increase the amount of their consumption and they will feel restless when they do not drink or do not drink more alcohol per day.
Alcohol addiction is triggered by various things whose indicators are very broad. People who are addicted to alcohol will depend on these types of drinks and really can’t stop drinking until it triggers various health complications such as changes in the brain, neurochemistry, etc.
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
Addiction is a condition of the body that is physically, psychologically, and mentally dependent on something that is considered capable of making thoughts and feelings better.
Most Effective Ways of 2021 to Overcome from Alcohol Addiction
According to dr.Shohel Sk the following are some of the symptoms shown when someone is addicted to alcohol:
- Feeling anxious, restless, unfocused, and having trouble sleeping when you don’t fulfill your desire to drink alcohol.
- Increased tolerance to alcohol. When usually drinking 1 glass of alcohol is enough, an addict will continue to increase the amount to 2-3 glasses and will not stop to get the satisfaction he is looking for.
- Lack of hangover symptoms until the person continues to increase the amount of alcohol drunk to get the sensation.
- Has emotional problems, symptoms of depression, and increased fatigue.
- Experiencing a change in the way of thinking and living habits.
- Experiencing a change in relationships or friendships where people who are addicted tend to choose drunken friends too.
- Tend to cut ties with loved ones.
- In the long term, you will experience health complaints because alcohol damages the brain, gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas, muscles, bones, and reproductive health.
- The effects of alcoholism or alcoholism will get worse every day. It is important to immediately have self-awareness to seek help either from family or medical personnel to stop the addiction.
Causes of Alcohol Addiction
Several studies have tried to unravel the causes and risk factors why a person can become addicted to alcohol, but the main cause is unknown.
According to dr. Shohel Sk Kasim, the following factors may increase a person’s desire to try alcohol to become addicted:
- Psychological Effects: Life problems or burdens, stress factors, and depression.
- Environmental/Social: Hanging out with drinkers or bad social circles.
- Several other factors such as genetics, gender, race, social, economic, social, psychological problems may predispose a person to alcohol addiction. Meanwhile, psychological and environmental factors are thought to be the main factors for alcoholism.
The Most Effective Way to Overcome Alcohol Addiction
The alcoholism recovery process is a lifelong commitment. According to dr.Shohel sk Kasim, overcoming from alcohol addiction is not an easy but it can be done if the person has a strong mind thoughts to Not to drinking alcohol.
An alcoholic may seek medical help for symptoms of alcoholism with combination treatment or various recovery programs for psychoactive substance dependence.
Here are some ways to get rid of alcohol addiction:
1. Ask for Support from Family and Close People
The first way to get rid of alcoholism is to ask for support and help from your family and those closest to you. Tell them that you want to quit for the purpose of a better life.
They can encourage you to quit or slowly reduce the amount and level of alcohol you drink. They will also suggest and invite you to find other ways to live a healthy and happy life.
2. Looking for an Alternative to Alcohol
Everyone’s alcohol addiction level is different, but if you already have an awareness that drinking alcohol is not good for your mind and body then you are expected to replace drinking alcohol with other healthier alternatives.
Alcoholism tends to make a person have negative thoughts not only about himself but also other people. These negative thoughts also cause pessimism about past failures and sorrows, irrational fears, self-punishment for previous actions, and decreased motivation to live.
Look for healthy alternatives to alcohol and distract yourself with other useful activities when you think you should drink alcohol. In addition, you may have to treat symptoms of stress or depression that led you to alcoholism.
3. Get Counseling or Call a Therapist
You may not be able to get rid of alcohol addiction just by controlling your own drinking habits. According to dr. Shohel Sk Kasim, addiction problems generally can be helped with a psychological approach with a therapist or psychologist.
In general, psychologists will help with several ways of dealing with alcohol addiction, such as:
- Change the behavior that makes you addicted to drinking alcohol.
- Relieves stress symptoms and various trigger issues that cause you to want to drink.
Build a strong self-support system.
- Helping you establish new life goals.
- Each addict person requires a different therapy or counseling sessions depending on the Condition. A psychologist will also help you to manage anxiety, depression, and other psychological problems.
Detoxification is the recommended way of overcoming severe alcohol addiction. Doctor Shohel Sk said that the benefits of detoxification are to apply the habit of drinking alcohol and help the body to remove alcohol levels in the body.
Detoxification is carried out in a few weeks to 1-2 months. Detoxification will cause dramatic physical symptoms of addiction such as shaking, hallucinations, and seizures. Doctors and other experts will prescribe medication to manage the symptoms of the addiction.
Rehabilitation programs are used to treat alcoholism with both outpatient and inpatient treatment lasting from 30 days to a year depending on the severity. It is intended to help addicts to create good habits and manage emotions.
While outpatient treatment is done to manage habits and daily support that allows addicts to stay at home with family support.
6.Join Community or Group Therapy
An alcoholic healing community can help an addict overcome his problems. These communities are generally filled with addicts who have recovered so that they can share inspiration, tips, and real ways to get rid of their alcohol addiction.
In addition, similar communities are usually guided by several therapists who are responsible for providing advice and attention for effective recovery.